Types of Personal Data Collected
In order to provide our services to you, we will ask you to provide necessary personal data that is required to provide those services. If you do not provide your personal data, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
Set up and log in of Ozaas Account: Personal data collected for creating an Ozaas Smart Account may include your email address, mobile phone number or device related information (e.g. IMEI number) and various location related information (e.g. location area code, mobile network and country codes).
Purchasing your Ozaas products: When you make a purchase on the Ozaas e-commerce website, we may collect your Ozaas Account ID (or mobile phone number or the email address that was used to create your Ozaas Account), name, phone number, delivery address and order details, etc. Ozaas has a support team to assist customers with product and service queries. When you use these services, we may also collect the order number, invoice date, list of purchased items and your contact details in order to assist you better.
Activating Ozaas Smart device: When you activate the Ozaas Smart device, we may collect your personal information such as age, height, weight and gender. We may also collect other details you provide as part of your profile such as your birthday, picture and signature.
Sync Ozaas Smart device data: When you synchronise the Ozaas Smart device data, e.g. to Ozaas Smart Device Cloud Service, we may collect data related to your activities and functionalities of the Ozaas Smart device, such as those obtained from our sensors and features on Ozaas Smart device, your sleeping patterns, movement data and smart alarm related information.
Sharing your content: When you share content or send information to family and friends, we may collect their personal information such as their names, email addresses, telephone numbers, and mailing addresses. You hereby warrant that you have obtained necessary consent from any third party if you choose to provide us their personal data. When you share content or invite users to use Ozaas Smart device, please note that other users may see the personal data you share.
Processing the services: In providing the above services, we may also collect data in relation to your device, including your Ozaas Smart device ID, firmware version, device OS version, model and system, and visiting IP and time.
How the Personal Data is used
The purpose of the data processed by the Administrator is a result of the actions undertaken by the customer while using the services, products, or websites.
The list of possible purposes of collecting personal data includes:
1. Personalizing our home automation services and products.
2. The information provided will help us improve our customer service and offer support in delivering services
3. To develop special promotions, sweepstakes, contests and reviews
4. We may also use personal information for data analysis and research to improve our products, services, website content and customer communications.
We use statistical data (non-personal data) to help in our operations, improve our products and services and provide a better user experience for you. Here are some of the non-personal data we may collect and how we use them:
1. When you create an Ozaas account, download our software, register in our e-commerce website, participate in online surveys or interact with us in other ways, we may collect your language preferences, postal code, area code number and time zone in which you use our products and services, and your profession.
2. When you opt-in to participate in our User Experience Improvement Program, we may gather statistics relating to your use of our products functions, on an anonymous basis. This may include information relating to your use of our official website, products and services. If there is an abnormal shutdown or breakdown, we may collect information relating to your mobile device to diagnose the problem.
3. When you use our services or functions that are based on location information, e.g. carry out a location search, take advantage of advertising, use weather functions, access information based on maps, etc., we may collect your geographical information.
5. When you use the Internet browser in using our products and services, we may collect log information, e.g. IP address, browser type, language, reference source, operating system, date and time marking and click rate data.
6. When you first use and activate your Ozaas Smart device, the device’s unique identification code and approximate geographical information may be collected."
You have control over your information
We recognize that privacy concerns differ from person to person. Therefore, we provide examples of ways we make available for you to choose to restrict the collection, use, disclosure or processing of your personal data and control your privacy settings, such as controlling the settings under the User Experience Improvement Program, Location Access functions, and your Ozaas Account."
Access, Updating or Correcting Your Personal Data
You have the right to request access and/or correction or any other personal data that we hold about you. When you update your personal data, you will be asked to verify your identity before we proceed with your request. Once we obtain sufficient information to accommodate your request for access or correction of your personal data, we shall process in accordance with the laws of your country. While we will try our best to accede to your requests, unreasonably repetitive or unrealistic requests or those that put others’ privacy at risk may be declined.
We normally provide such services for free but reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee.
If you believe any information of you we are holding is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For details relating to your personal data in your Ozaas Account, you may write to us at email@example.com
Withdrawal of Consent
You may withdraw your consent for use and/or disclosure of your personal data in our possession by submitting a request. This may be done by accessing your Ozaas Support center at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your request within a reasonable time from when the request was made, and thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal data thereafter.
Depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your personal data, it may mean that you will not be able to enjoy Ozaas products and services."
Who do we share your information with?
Disclosure may include the scenarios listed in this section below. In each case described in this section, you can be assured that Ozaas will only share your personal data in accordance with your consent. You should know that when Ozaas shares your personal data with a third party under any circumstance described in this section, Ozaas will ensure that the third party is subject to practices and obligations to comply with the relevant data protection and privacy laws of your country. Ozaas will contractually ensure compliance by any foreign Third-Party Service Providers with the privacy standards that apply in your home jurisdiction.
Disclosure to Ozaas group companies and Third-Party Service Providers
In order to conduct business operations smoothly, the Ozaas entity which collects your personal data may disclose your personal data from time to time to other Ozaas group companies (in communications, social media, technology or cloud business), or our third party service providers which are our mailing houses, delivery service providers, telecommunications companies, data centres or third party cloud storage services where we do not have control over the location of data, data storage facilities, and customer service providers, agents, related corporations, and/or other third parties(together “Third Party Service Providers”). Such Third-Party Service Providers would be processing your personal data on Ozaas’s behalf or for one or more of the purposes listed above.
Personal data will only be shared by Ozaas to provide or improve our products or services and will not be shared for use for marketing purposes.
Disclosure to others
Ozaas may disclose your personal data without further consent if required or permitted by law in the following cases:
1. Cases in which the disclosure is required or authorized based on the applicable laws and/or regulations;
2. Cases in which the disclosure is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of the individual or another individual;
3. Cases in which the disclosure is necessary for the prevention of crime or legal proceedings;
4. Cases in which the purpose of such disclosure is clearly in the individual’s interests, and if consent cannot be obtained in a timely way;
5. Cases in which the disclosure is necessary for any investigation or proceedings;
6. Cases in which the disclosure is to any officer of a prescribed law enforcement agency upon production of written authorisation signed by the head or director of that law enforcement agency, or a person of a similar rank, certifying that the personal data is necessary for the purposes of the functions or duties of the officer; and/or
cases in which the disclosure is to a public agency and such disclosure is necessary for the public interest.
Information Not Requiring Consent
We may share anonymized information and statistics in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes, for example with advertisers on our website, or we may tell our business partners the number of customers in certain demographic groups who purchased certain products or who carried out certain transactions.
In the event that we are permitted by law to collect, use or disclose your personal data without your consent, such permission granted by the law shall continue to apply.
Information Safety Safeguards
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure or other similar risks, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. We have put in place the following security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data:
Your personal data is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities.
1. All data saved in the back-end is classified into different levels based on the importance and sensitivity of the data, e.g. whether the data contains personal data.
2. In the data centers, clusters that contain sensitive data are grouped together in the network topology, and will be placed in rooms with additional physical security protection.
3. Data exchanged between Ozaas devices and servers are encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”).
4. There is an optional two-step verification process when users access their Ozaas Account.
5. There is regular review of information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
6. Access is restricted to Ozaas employees and Third-Party Service Providers who need to know that the information in order to process it, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet such obligations.
7. There are also access controls for all server clusters used for cloud-based data storage and process.
8. Most data used for Ozaas products and/or services is stored in a storage system. By using column family-based access control mechanism, Ozaas employees are only allowed access to the data column families they are granted access to.
9. Information safety is very important to us. We will take all practicable steps to safeguard your personal data. Through our protective measures mentioned above, especially encrypted storage and transmission, your data is as secure as it can be. Certain details of encrypted data cannot be accessed by anyone except yourself.
We consider it the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s use of our products and services. Nevertheless, it is our policy not to require personal data from minors or offer to send any promotional materials to persons in that category. Ozaas does not seek or intend to seek to receive any personal data from minors. Should a parent or guardian have reasons to believe that a minor has provided Ozaas with personal data without their prior consent, please contact us to ensure that the personal data is removed and unsubscribe them from any of the applicable Ozaas services.